Information about employee name changes at Texas Tech University


The Human Resources office at TTU is required to use your name as displayed on your Social Security card. If you wish to use a name other than the name on your card, you can apply for a new one with the updated name.

Also, keep in mind that you can choose your own TechMail address (whatever is before the dot). In other words, if your name is William Rodriguez and you go by "Bill", the HR system will have to list William Rodriguez as your name. However, you can choose as your TechMail address (assuming it's available).

If there is an error in your name in the employee records, contact your college/department's employment services coordinator (ESC) who will be able to assist you further.