How to: Request modifications to one of the TTU firewalls


If there is a need for an alteration to one of TTU's firewalls for academic or business purposes, please follow the process below.


Faculty and staff of TTU or TTUS

Ask your NSC to submit the firewall change request form.

Other individuals

Please contact IT Help Central with the following information:

  • Location (building and room number)
  • Error message, if any
  • Internet service provider (ISP)
  • Anti-virus software and version number
  • Does the user have administrative rights on their computer?
  • Program/application that is being used
  • Protocol and port (e.g., TCP 110 or UDP 7)
  • Explanation of the reason for the modification


Someone from the TTU IT Division will provide assistance.